The first thing to mention is that the tracking links are found within the SHARE screen.
(If you need assistance with how to share a project, and subsequently find the share screen, refer to our wiki on How Do I Share A Project?)
* Important to note: Tracking links are only available to premium users
Now that we are on the share screen, there are 2 ways to create a tracking link.
- The first is on the share page. You will see a drop-down menu with the word “Default" in it. Click the drop-down menu. If you already have contacts saved, you will see their names in the menu, select the name and the method of sharing.
If the contact is not in your profile already, you will select the +Create New Contact, which will bring you to the Tracking Link tab or you can also import/upload a contact list directly (or export an existing one) by clicking the buttons on the bottom right-hand side of the tracking link page
- The second option is to go directly to the TRACKING LINKS tab, which is next to the share tab in the navigation bar of the share pop-up. Once there you will enter the name of the recipient, their email address, a description of the tracking link (ie a title of the project it is for, or why you are sending it), and the expiration date for the tracking link if you wish to add one.
Once a tracking link is created you use it by sharing the link, which is done either within the tracking link tab or in the share tab.
Within the tracking link tab, after a link is created you will see it pop up in your list, and on the right-hand side, there will be 4 options with what you can do with the link:
- Share the link, which will bring you back to the share tab
- Copy the link to send outside of emaze
- Analytics, to see how the tracking link is performing
- Delete the link
After you have finished creating a tracking link in order for it to be activated you must ensure that your project is set to public or team, which is done in the PRIVACY tab next to the tracking link tab.
Now that you know how to use tracking links try it for yourself!
For more information on emaze's features and how to use them, check out the emaze handbook in the tutorials section.
For any additional comments, questions, or concerns, please feel free to reach out to our support team at email@example.com