Ready to connect your Emaze website or blog to your personal domain? Here’s how!
First, please note that to connect your Emaze website to a custom domain, the custom domain must be an existing domain purchased from a third party domain provider with Google. If you want to connect a custom domain with GoDaddy, check the instructions here.
Second, connecting a custom domain to an Emaze website is a Premium feature. If you are a free user, please upgrade to an Emaze Premium account to continue.
These instructions are specifically geared to a Google domain. For all other domain providers, the steps should be similar.
- Login to your Google provider portal
- Go to the page where you can manage your domains, and on the domain that you want to connect, select the name of your domain.
- In the left navigation panel, click DNS, and you will be taken to the DNS Management page.
- Scroll to the Custom resource records section. Set the custom resource record type your web host requires.
- To set an A record, follow these steps:
- In the first field, enter "@" or the required subdomain.
- In the dropdown menu, select A.
- In the data field, enter the Emaze IP address “220.127.116.11”. To add more fields, click .
- Click Add.
- In the first field, enter "www” or your emaze.me page (emaze.me/yourname)
- In the dropdown menu, select CNAME.
- In the data field, enter the required data.
- Click Add.
That’s it! Your Emaze website or blog should now be connected to your custom domain.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email our premium support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.